Terms of Sale in effect as of April 21, 2021.
1. Product Presentation and Pricing:
- Product Pricing:
- The price of a product shown on the Site represents the full retail price for the product as set by Floors2u and/or the manufacturer or supplier of the product in question and is based on standard industry practice or the estimated retail value for a comparable product offered elsewhere (the “Price List”).
- Notwithstanding any information to the contrary indicated in these Terms of Sale, the List Price does not include shipping and handling charges, customs, duties, or any taxes applicable to Your order.
- You acknowledge that placing an item in a cart on the Website does not reserve the List Price for the subject product shown at that time for a future purchase. It is possible the List Price of the item in Your cart may increase or decrease between the time You place the item in Your cart and the time You actually purchase the product in question. The final and total cost of the order will be adjusted according to this variation higher or lower.
- Site Content and Product Descriptions:
- Floors2u is not liable for any errors on and/or omissions from the Site, including but not limited to any product presentation page for any product listed for sale on the Site. Floors2u has the right to change the information, prices, specifications, and descriptions for any products or services presented on the Site at any time without notice. Floors2u does not guarantee that any product description or content on the Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or free of error.
- Floors2u is under no obligation to fulfill an order for a product that was advertised at an incorrect List Price. If there is a mistake in the List Price of a product or service You have ordered, Floors2u will inform You with as little delay as reasonably possible. After You have been informed of the correct List Price for the product in question, You will be given an opportunity to reorder the product at the correct List Price through a separate transaction (subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms of Sale). If You have already paid for the product in question at the incorrect List Price, Floors2u will refund You the full amount paid subject to these Terms of Sale.
- Floors2u makes all reasonable efforts to correctly display the colour, texture, and details of products presented on the Site. However, Floors2u cannot guarantee that the colour, texture, or detail You see match that of the actual product. Differences in colour, texture, and details may occur, as a result of but not limited to the computer monitor used to view the products on the Site and the display settings and capabilities of such monitor.
2. Processing of Orders:
- Receiving an electronic or other type of order confirmation does not imply that Floors2u has accepted Your order, neither does it guarantee Floors2u’s offer to sell the products in question. All orders are received and accepted in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
- After receiving Your order, Floors2u reserves the right to decline, refuse, or cancel Your order at any time for reasons including but not limited to (i) non-availability of products, (ii) unsatisfied payment terms, (iii) product pricing mistakes, (iv) restrictions or interdictions on the products’ sale or use, (v) if Floors2u determines, at its sole discretion, that Your order was made for commercial resale purposes, and/or (vi) any other violation of these Terms of Sale. If You have already paid for the order and Floors2u cancels it, Floors2u will immediately issue a refund of the exact amount remitted for the unaccepted or cancelled order.
3. Customized Orders:
- Some products available from Floors2u may be labelled on the Site as, described on Floors2u’s product quote or invoice as, or otherwise confirmed by Floors2u as a customized product (collectively referred to as “Customized Orders”).
- Unless indicated otherwise in these Terms of Sale, Customized Orders cannot be altered, cancelled, or refunded once an invoice has been issued.
- All deliveries of Customized Orders must be accepted within thirty (30) days of Floors2u’s or its agent’s first attempt at delivery (the “First Delivery Attempt”), otherwise, storage fees will be applied to Your order (75$ / skid/month). If delivery of a Customized Order is not accepted within sixty (60) days of the First Delivery Attempt, the Customized Order will become the property of Floors2u or the supplier.
- Delivery times cannot be guaranteed for Customized Orders. Delivery lead times for Customized Orders are estimations only and may be subject to change.
4. Modifications and Cancellations:
- Order Cancellations:
- Orders other than Customized Orders and Container Orders may be cancelled before delivery has been confirmed, subject to these Terms of Sale.
- Order Cancellation requests must be sent to email@example.com and received and acknowledged by Floors2u before delivery or pick-up of the order, in accordance with these Terms of Sale.
- If the order has been already prepared for pick-up by our supplier at the time the cancellation request is received, Order Cancellation fees may apply.
- Order Modifications:
- For orders other than Customized Orders and Container Orders, modifications to an order may be requested so long as You understand that:
- Your modified order may entail additional charges;
- Your modified order may result in changes to shipping, handling, and/or delivery costs;
- Your modified order may produce a delivery delay;
- You must submit Your request for modification to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Your modification request must be received and acknowledged by Floors2u before delivery or pick-up of the order, as per these Terms of Sale.
- For orders other than Customized Orders and Container Orders, modifications to an order may be requested so long as You understand that:
6. Terms of Payment:
- Terms of payment are at Floors2u’s sole discretion. Unless otherwise confirmed in writing by Floors2u, payment must be received, authorized, or secured in a form approved by Floors2u prior to its acceptance of an order.
- Order must be paid using an approved credit card, wire transfer, electronic funds transfer, or some other prearranged payment method stipulated in a written agreement and accepted by Floors2u.
- Invoices are due and payable by the date(s) specified on the invoice through electronic (including but not limited to email) confirmation between Floors2u and You.
- Floors2u may separately invoice parts of an order.
- Orders are not binding until they are accepted by Floors2u (see the Processing of Orders section above).
- Any estimates given by Floors2u are only valid for the period stated on the estimate. Floors2u reserves the right to adjust or cancel estimates as required.
7. Shipping and Delivery:
- Shipping Address:
- The Floors2u delivery agent(s) will deliver Your order to the Shipping Address provided at time of purchase, which is written on Your order’s invoice (referred to as the “Shipping Address”).
- Delivery dates or lead times provided by Floors2u are estimated dates/times only and subject to change. Floors2u cannot guarantee the date or time Your order is delivered.
- The actual delivery date for Your order depends on many factors, including but not limited to the size and contents of Your order, the delivery method, and chosen delivery option(s) that were available when Your order was processed.
- Delivery Cost:
- You are responsible for all costs, including but not limited to customs and duties, related to the shipping and delivery of Your order to the Shipping Address.
- You must provide Floors2u with accurate and complete information to facilitate the delivery of Your order by Floors2u and/or its delivery agents.
- The shipping rates and delivery pricing provided by Floors2u are for Standard In-Home Delivery only. Additional charges may apply if Floors2u is unable to contact You before the delivery date, or if You are unable or unavailable to accept delivery of Your order, or if Your order must be redirected at Your request.
- If the quoted shipping rate and/or delivery pricing is incorrect due to typographical error, a mistake in the product’s attributes as described by a Supplier, or a pricing error by Floors2u’s delivery agents, Floors2u has the right to refuse, adjust, or cancel the order, even if the order has been confirmed and/or the payment has been received.
- Delivery Options:
- Standard In-Home Delivery: Your order will be delivered to the Shipping Address only, unless a different agreement is made in writing with Floors2u. Standard In-Home Delivery includes delivery to the Shipping Address and the unloading of the truck by Floors2u’s delivery agents. If delivery is to a house, the Floors2u delivery agent will unload Your order from the delivery truck and leave it inside Your house in the room immediately beyond the door of entry (for example, in a garage if delivery is made through a garage door, or in a hallway or entranceway). Standard In-Home Delivery does not include delivery into a specific room of Your house. If delivery is to a condominium or apartment, Your order will be left in front of the first inside door for buildings containing an entranceway with two doors. For buildings with no enclosed entranceway, the order will be deposited in front of the door to the building. Standard In-Home Delivery does not include delivery into a specific unit of a condominium or building. The maximum number of staircases included in Standard In-Home Delivery is three floors. If there is an elevator then there is no maximum number of floors. See www.floors2u.ca/shipping-information for more information about delivery.
- Order Inspection and Receipt:
- Ownership of the products in Your order is transferred from Floors2u and/or the supplier to You once the order has been delivered to Your Shipping Address and You have accepted the order.
- Upon delivery of Your order, You must inspect the delivery for missing items and damages. Any loss or damage claims must be recorded and filed according to these Terms of Sale.
- Risk of loss for Your purchased products is transferred to You upon transfer of title as explained above.
- Manufacturer Warranty and Claims:
- Floors2u offers no other warranties except those explained in these Terms of Sale and the warranty provided by the manufacturer of a given product that is in effect on the date that product is purchased.
- All warranties offered are provided solely by product manufacturers. Limited warranties for specific products sold by Floors2u or the supplier are communicated under the “Warranty” section of each product’s display page(s) on the Site. Each limited warranty applies to every respective product sale by Floors2u or the supplier.
- Any such warranties are considered in effect and will be honoured by Floors2u only if You have paid in full for the warrantied product.
- Before You can return any product, You must contact Floors2u to receive a Warranty Authorization (WA) number within the time period provided by the manufacturer (please refer to the specific manufacturer’s warranty for the product). The WA number can only be used for its associated product. The returned product must match the product described in the Warranty Authorization in order to be accepted for return.
- All returns must be received by the manufacturer or supplier within thirty (30) days of Your receipt of the WA number. Shipping arrangements for returns must be processed by Floors2u’s shipping department. You are responsible for any shipping charges associated with returning Your order unless the manufacturer has stated in its warranty that it will accept responsibility for such costs. Where possible or as specified by the manufacturer’s warranty, Your order must be in “as new” condition and in its original packaging, including all warranty materials, manuals, and other accessories. To return Your order, You must include the original packing slip and indicate the WA number on the outside of the return shipment packaging.
- Floors2u may ask You to submit a brief written explanation as to why You want to return a product and provide photos of the product in question if You would like to make a warranty claim. An on-site product inspection may also be required. A Floors2u representative will inform You of any details relating to Your warranty claim. Warranty claim validations are at the sole discretion of Floors2u
- Claims for Shipping Mistakes and Damages:
- Once an order has been delivered to the Shipping Address, You are responsible for inspecting the order as per these Terms of Sale.
- If any items are missing or damaged, please do the following:
- write down how many boxes are damaged and/or missing contents beside Your signature on the delivery receipt provided by Floors2u or the shipping agent (the “Delivery Receipt”);
- take pictures of the order as it arrived at the Shipping Address;
- write down details of the damaged or missing materials using the words “damaged” or “missing” as applicable; and
- report the damaged or missing material to Floors2u at email@example.com within thirty (30) days of the date You received Your order.
- Upon following Floors2u’s claims process as described in these Terms of Sale and once Floors2u has validated Your claim, it is then at Floors2u’s sole discretion to arrange to either reship replacement product(s) in the case of damages or additional product(s) in the case of missing items at Floors2us expense or give You compensating credit for the value of the damaged or missing items.
- c. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee: View return policy
THE WARRANTIES MADE IN THESE TERMS OF SALE ARE SPECIFIC TO THE MANUFACTURER(S) OF THE PRODUCTS OFFERED. OTHER THAN THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY AND THE AFOREMENTIONED GUARANTEE, FLOORS2U DISAVOWS ANY OTHER WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, REPRESENTATION, ENDORSEMENT, OR CONDITION, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ARISING FROM STATUTE OR OPERATION OF LAW, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY, DURABILITY, QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE (WHETHER OR NOT FLOORS2U KNOWS, HAS REASON TO KNOW, HAS BEEN ADVISED, OR IS AWARE OF ANY SUCH PURPOSE) REGARDING THESE TERMS OF SALE, THE WEBSITE, AND ALL PRODUCTS PRESENTED OR REFERENCED THEREIN. FLOORS2U ALSO DISAVOWS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY THAT MAY ARISE FROM TRADE USAGE, OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE, OR BY OPERATION OF LAW. FLOORS2U DOES NOT CLAIM THAT ANY PRODUCT(S) AVAILABLE FOR SALE ON ITS SITE ARE ERROR- OR DEFECT-FREE, NOR CLAIM THAT EVERY DEFECT WILL BE CORRECTED, NOR THAT ANY PRODUCTS COMPLY WITH THE PARTICULAR REGULATORY RESTRICTIONS OF ANY GIVEN GEOGRAPHICAL AREA. IT IS THE PURCHASER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT USE OF ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED IS IN CONFORMITY WITH ALL LOCAL, REGIONAL, NATIONAL, AND INTERNATIONAL CODES AND REGULATIONS. FURTHERMORE, FLOORS2U DOES NOT OFFER ANY WARRANTY AGAINST ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OR DATA ERRORS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, REPORTS, OR SUBSTANCE OF THE SITE, ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF ITS SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED ON THOSE SERVERS, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE OR BY WAY OF ANY ELECTRONIC MAIL OR COMMUNICATION SENT BY FLOORS2U, ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT BY ANY THIRD PARTY, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND THAT RESULTS FROM USING THE SITE, ANY DATA, CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, OR SUBSTANCE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT THAT IS POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR MADE AVAILABLE BY OTHER MEANS THROUGH THE SITE. THE SITE AND ALL ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU ACCEPT TO USE THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10.Limitation of Liability:
- The Site (not including any third-party linked websites) is controlled by Floors2u from its offices in the Province of Ontario, Canada. The Site is available for access to anyone in any province or territory of Canada, as well as in other countries around the world. Since those countries have different laws from those in Ontario, You agree by accessing the Site that any issue relating to access or use of the Site, or any other linked website, will be governed by the laws in effect in the Province of Ontario and Canadian federal laws notwithstanding any conflict in legal principles.
- You also agree to submit to the jurisdiction and courts of the Province of Ontario on a voluntary basis and accept responsibility for complying with that province’s laws.
- To clarify the above, You hereby waive (1) any right to object to the venue or jurisdiction because it is an inconvenient forum or for any other reason and (2) any statutory or other right provided by Your jurisdiction in which You are a resident to hold a court case or arbitration relating to these Terms of Sale for adjudication or resolution in Your jurisdiction.
- Any rule of interpretation, law, or regulation that allows a contract to be interpreted against the drafter will not apply to these Terms of Sale.
All references to dollar amounts, including prices, on Floors2u’s Site and in these Terms of Sale are in Canadian currency.
You agree that any dispute, controversy, or claim between You and Floors2u, whether it involves a third party, arises out of, in connection with, or in relation to Your relationship or agreement with Floors2u, these Terms of Sale, the purchase or use of products from Floors2u, and/or privacy or confidentiality rights, including, without limitation, any dispute regarding (i) the existence, validity, application, interpretation, performance, enforcement, or termination of these Terms of Sale; or (ii) the quality, suitability, fitness, saleability, durability, safety, design, manufacture, distribution, sale, purchase, delivery, instruction, warning, performance, or use of any product purchased from Floors2u (referred to collectively as a “Dispute”) will be solely and exclusively referred for arbitration in and resolved according to the laws of the province of Ontario.
These Terms of Sale and its rights and obligations will be binding on and enure to the benefit of the parties and their successors and permitted assigns.
Neither Floors2u, nor any Floors2u supplier, agent, or contractor will be responsible for an inability to fulfill any of their obligations nor for any damages of any kind in law or equity that You may endure that result from such an inability or delay if such inability or delay is beyond the control of Floors2u, a supplier, agent, or contractor, including but not limited to any act of God or public enemy, acts of government, riots, strikes, quarantines, accidents, or the inherent nature or vice of goods transportation.
17. English Language
The parties agree that these Terms of Sale and all materials referenced herein will be drawn up in English and in French.